CERRITO CLEAN GETAWAY!
Taboga Island, Panama
Cerrito Tropical’s Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Come enjoy your GETAWAY at Cerrito Tropical Lodge, on Taboga Island, Panama. We are committed to offering our guests peace of mind when it comes to cleanliness and hygiene.
We are now working toward when Cerrito Tropical on Taboga Island can re-open for you to take advantage of the healthy climate and surroundings Taboga Island has offered for hundreds of years.
The guests rooms, social area, and reception, will all be the prime focus of our new cleanliness protocol in the wake of COVID-19. Lysol disinfectant, Clorox bleach, disinfectant alcohol wipes, alcohol hand sanitizing gels, and disinfectant soaps will be used throughout the property. As always our sheets are disinfected during washing after every guest visit.
These enhanced cleaning protocols will be implemented immediately. This new normal will be guest-ready by July when we will re-open according to Panama’s national re-opening plan. At that time, the management and staff of Cerrito Tropical will be here to welcome you back to our lovely natural setting on the quiet hillside of Taboga, in our open private location just a few minutes’ walk from the village.
We are ironing out the details, but for now here’s a look at what’s being developed:
- Contactless check-in, where guests can complete check-in and check-out. Payment in advance is also available;
- Guests and employees entering the premises will be asked to wash or sanitize their hands – Gel or alcohol will be available at the reception;
- An official guest room door sign indicating that a room has not been accessed following a deep cleaning and sanitizing;
- Extra disinfection for items like light switches, door handles, TV remotes, air conditioning remotes, room keys and more;
A disinfecting wipe station in high-traffic areas (i.e., for frequent hand cleaning)
- Our kitchen staff will be wearing masks and disposable gloves during food prep and cleaning, all plates, cups and utensils will be thoroughly disinfected before every use, and plated food covered. In addition, as always, all guidelines required by the Department of Health will be followed;
- Disinfectant sprays, washes and detergents to be used in the general sanitization process.
Hotel staff will be given personal protective equipment such as masks/gloves and will also receive extra training, to join in the new enhanced cleanliness effort.
When will customers actually be returning to hotels to experience all these new efforts?
Cerrito Tropical on Taboga Island has been closed since the early March. Shortly afterwards Taboga Island was also closed to all non-residents since it was, and has remained, COVID-19 free to this point. We wish to protect our team, residents and guests from COVID-19 and will therefore adopt our new “Cerrito Clean Getaway” as of our re-opening in July.
We believe that in July and August visitors to Taboga Island will begin to return to enjoy the natural refuge of our perfect quiet combination of beach, ocean air, mountain and forest – just 30 minutes from Panama City. This is a provisional time frame as we wait to hear the official re-opening announcement from the government of Panama. In the meantime, we will remain flexible in our cancellation and stay-delay policies in the event that the COVID-19 plan changes. We may need to make adjustments to our plan as
we proceed and listen to our guests and learn what they wish to see implemented.
As always, our guests are number one to our team at Cerrito Tropical and we welcome their suggestions.
On behalf of the management and staff at Cerrito Tropical we look forward to welcoming you in the months ahead and appreciate your patience during this time. We are all in this together and aim to make your stay a safe, relaxing and memorable experience.
Contact us via Whatsapp +507 6000-5172 to make your plans!