CERRITO CLEAN GETAWAY!
Taboga Island, Panama
Cerrito Tropical’s Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Come enjoy your GETAWAY at Cerrito Tropical Lodge, on Taboga Island, Panama. We are committed to offering our guests peace of mind when it comes to cleanliness and hygiene.
We are now working toward when Cerrito Tropical on Taboga Island can re-open for you to take advantage of the healthy climate and surroundings Taboga Island has offered for hundreds of years.
The guests rooms, social area, and reception, will all be the prime focus of our new cleanliness protocol in the wake of COVID-19. Lysol disinfectant, Clorox bleach, disinfectant alcohol wipes, alcohol hand sanitizing gels, and disinfectant soaps will be used throughout the property. As always our sheets are disinfected during washing after every guest visit.
These enhanced cleaning protocols will be implemented immediately. This new normal will be guest-ready by July when we will re-open according to Panama’s national re-opening plan. At that time, the management and staff of Cerrito Tropical will be here to welcome you back to our lovely natural setting on the quiet hillside of Taboga, in our open private location just a few minutes’ walk from the village.
We are ironing out the details, but for now here’s a look at what’s being developed:
- Contactless check-in, where guests can complete check-in and check-out. Payment in advance is also available;
- Guests and employees entering the premises will be asked to wash or sanitize their hands – Gel or alcohol will be available at the reception.
- Extra disinfection for items like light switches, door handles, TV remotes, air conditioning remotes, room keys and more;
- A disinfecting wipe station in high-traffic areas (i.e., for frequent hand cleaning)
- Our kitchen staff will be wearing masks during food prep and cleaning, all plates, cups and utensils will be thoroughly disinfected before every use, and plated food covered. In addition, as always, all guidelines required by the Department of Health will be followed;
- Disinfectant sprays, washes and detergents to be used in the general sanitization process.
Hotel staff will be given personal protective equipment such as masks/gloves and will also receive extra training, to join in the new enhanced cleanliness effort.
When will customers actually be returning to hotels to experience all these new efforts?
Cerrito Tropical on Taboga Island was closed since the early March 2021. Shortly afterwards Taboga Island was also closed to all non-residents since it was COVID-19 free. We wish to protect our team, residents and guests from COVID-19 and will therefore adopted our new “Cerrito Clean Getaway” for our re-opening.
Visitors to Taboga Island have returned to enjoy the natural refuge of our perfect quiet combination of beach, ocean air, mountain and forest – just 30 minutes from Panama City. We will remain flexible in our cancellation and stay-delay policies in the event that the COVID-19 resurges and the plan changes.
As always, our guests are number one to our team at Cerrito Tropical and we welcome their suggestions.
On behalf of the management and staff at Cerrito Tropical we look forward to welcoming you back and appreciate your patience during this time. We are all in this together and aim to make your stay a safe, relaxing and memorable experience.
Contact us via Whatsapp +507 6489-0074 to make your plans!